While the local community is contributing their land, labour, and expertise, your donation is needed to sustain the schools, the Farm Initiative and health and nutrition programs. Here are some of the things your dollars will support:
- $30 pays for a year’s garden seed
- $50 gets 3 months’ worth of extra school supplies for each school
- $50 adds papaya and banana trees to the orchards, supplementing the students' nutritional needs
- $150 puts a first aid kit in a school
- $200 buys the tools needed for the agriculture programs at each school
- $250 provides for the annual veterinary care for the animals the schools own
- $500 pays for the oxen team and plough to prepare the fields for planting at each school
- $1,500 pays for a teacher for the year
- $3000 covers the cost of crop inputs for a year
100% of the funds go to the schools (less credit card charges). There are no administration fees.
In addition to your financial support, there are several ways you can help the orphans and vulnerable children in the Manyinga district.
For more information about this project, and to receive an annual report sign up here.
Please forward this information on to your friends and colleagues. Their help and support will make a world of difference to the orphans and vulnerable children in Zambia.